Introducing the SCOUT430 which takes the same great technology from our popular little sister the SCOUT365. By adding an extra 2’ of waterline, this allows you many new opportunities; more carrying capacity, more people on board, more room, greater outboard size. BUT with some design changes, we have managed to keep the weight down so it’s still under 60 lbs. in a bag and retains the same setup and take down characteristics.
About your choice of Outboard Motor Size: whilst you can place a 8hp (4 stroke) on the back, they are really heavy to lift and we strongly suggest you use a 5hp or less which make it easy to lift and carry whilst setting up your SCOUT430. You can achieve 12 to 15 mph with a 5hp with 1-2 people on board.
- UNIQUELY DESIGNED FOR A MULTIPLE OF APPLICATIONS
- DESIGN FEATURES ONLY FOUND IN SCOUT INFLATABLE BOATS
- OUTSTANDING QUALITY
- LIGHTWEIGHT BUT RUGGED
- NO BOAT RAMP REQUIRED
- NO HEAVY LIFTING
- HANDLE AND MANAGED BY SINGLE PERSON WITH EASE
- LESS THAN 10 MINUTE SETUP
- USE LIKE A KAYAK OR POWERED BOAT
- SHIPPED PREPAID TO YOU IN CONTINENTAL USA
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- THE ULTIMATE KAYAK ALTERNATIVE
- ADDITIONAL UNDER PONTOON PROTECTION WITH 4 TRACKING FINS
All boats include 2 aluminium seats, oars, pump, carry bag, repair kit, under seat storage bag with padded seat cover and a 2 year warranty.
PVC Material and Construction
All Scout Inflatable boats are made of the latest generation of PVC 1,100 denier (0.9mm) PVC fabric with polyester support which offers excellent abrasion and tear resistance. Each seam is hand glued with four layers of bonded fabric for maximum strength and durability. Two sheets are overlapped and glued before two re-enforcement layers are attached either side. Glued seams offer better durability to welded seams when the PVC product is designed to be inflated and deflated on a regular basis. Our choice of fabric and seam design means Scout Inflatable boats are built tough and designed to last.
DROP STITCH AIR FLOOR
The Air Floor is an integral part of the boat design. It offers rigidity to the boat design and affords you great stability. Our lightweight, removable high pressure air floor system is constructed using the latest drop stitch technology. You will find the same technology being used in many inflatable paddle boards. This system is comprised of thousands of interwoven stitches holding both sections of fabric in parallel. Once inflated, this system provides extreme rigidity to the boat and ensures set up and pack down is easy and quick. The air floor’s construction also absorbs vibrations and is comfortable underfoot and once inflated is extremely rigid. When deflated the air mat is rolled up for ultimate portability. This same technology is used in both our iSUPS’s and AIR PADS.
Pontoon Tube Protection
As of June 2020, all Scout Inflatable boats now include a 8” (20cm) wide pontoon base strake to protect the length of the boat. This protects the boat should it be dragged across abrasive surfaces such as rocks or broken shells.
Internal Bung System
All Scout Inflatable boats have an internal bung system which can be opened and closed easily.
Scout Inflatable boat transoms are made with marine plywood and coated with tough 0.9mm, 1100 Denier PVC fabric then fitted with outboard / electric motor protection plates. The transoms can also be used to attach side mounted fishing rod holders (link to accessories). We recommend using stainless screws and sealant when screwing or attaching anything to the transom.
Scout Inflatable boats utilize Halkey-Roberts valves designed for easy inflation and deflation. All valves have a double seal for leak protection and are widely used by inflatable boat manufacturers globally.
- Our boats require very little maintenance. However we recommend the following to maximize the lifetime of your boat:
- Always rinse your boat after use in salt water.
- Storing your boat for several days ensure it is covered and out of direct sunlight
- Store dry in a dry, well ventilated space.
- We strongly suggest storing in an area that is free from rodents.
- SCOUT boats can be stored inflated or deflated. If inflated we recommend using a boat cover. If deflated we recommend using the carry bag provided.
- Our PVC material is extremely durable however avoid sharp objects or highly abrasive materials.
- We do not recommend using solvent or chemical based cleaning agents on your Scout Inflatable boats. Your local marine store will be able to recommend PVC inflatable boat cleaner.
All SCOUT430 Boats include the following:
- High Pressure Drop Stitch Air Floor
- 2 Aluminum Bench Seats
- Padded Bench Seat Cover w/ Storage Bag
- External Safety Ropes
- UV Protected carry handles
- Stainless D Rings for easy tie down
- 2 Aluminum Oars
- Canvas Carry Bag
- High Flow Foot pump
- PVC Repair Kit
- Instructions for Use
- 2 year Warranty
- Underside protection strakes
- External safety lines
- 4 Securing D-Rings
- CE Certified
- Length: 14’ (4.30 m)
- Exterior Width: 3 ½’ (1.1 m)
- Interior Width: 17” (430mm)
- Tube Diameter: 12 5/8” (320mm)
- Air Chambers: 2 + Air Floor
- Maximum Load: 800 lbs. (362 kg, 1 - 4 persons)
- Weight: (boat in the bag- 68 lbs or 31 kg)
- Maximum HP: 8hp @ 4 stroke, 10 hp@ 2 stroke
- Recommended HP: 3.5 to 5hp
- Shaft length: Short Shaft
- BOAT IN BAG Dimensions: 36" x 26" x 11"
**There is a 2 years warranty on this item**